You are 10 steps away from the best (and easiest) pasta dish this side of heaven.
It's what I served to the multitudes at my dinner table last night.
I came home at 5pm yesterday - tired after being out all day - to find extra people had been invited to stay for dinner...but that no-one had made an attempt to start said dinner....
I could feel the indignation start to rise in my chest.
"Careful' the Lord cautioned me.
"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
I touch one of the gentlemen on his arm. They pause mid conversation for me to speak. Smling I ask "Is there anything you men do not eat?" One answers "Meat". The others shake their heads. Ahh, well now, that's good and easy. All that getting huffy for nothing I murmur admonishingly to myself.
And after the meal and after Lifestyler Husband has read us from the bible and I have snuck in a couple of chapters of our current read aloud, I invite the visitors to stay the night as they have travelled far. They gratefully accept and Pilot son and I gather and haul bedding and pillows and make up beds.
(the sojourner has not lodged in the street; I have opened my doors to the traveler), - Job 31:32
Creamy shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 700g penne pasta, uncooked
- 1kg shrimps or prawns (Omit or substitute for other)
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 C white wine
- 400 g can tomato sauce
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 2 T fresh basil
- 2 t salt and pepper
- Cook pasta to until a la dente, set aside.
- Cook shrimp in 1 T butter and 1T olive oil in a pan.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil to pan, cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Put cooked shrimp on cutting board, cut into small pieces.
- Add wine to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add cream and stir well, mix in cut up shrimp.
- Add cooked pasta and fresh herbs.
Weekend Webativity: Dessert anyone??!!