29 August 2012

Sponge Jam Tart Recipe




Saturday dawns and we're headed to the local community market this fine sunny morning. We're taking a pen load of piglets and our truck. This may be the first and last time, I journey into this....community. Born and bred here, most of them. I've heard their a clicky bunch. I cringe.




I put loads of washing through and I make beds, I wash dishes and straighten towels. I make soup for lunch and get dinner ready.




And I bake jam tarts. They're effortless.




Because some days anxiety just threatens to engulf me. Sometimes it comes down to just putting one foot in front of the other. It comes down to refusing (again) to listen to lies that accuse and condemn. They wont like you, you're not good enough, you wont fit in. Those that dont like you will turn others against you.




The answer to anxiety is always found in truth. I am loved, I am forgiven, I am saved. I am a child of God. A Jesus girl. I am good enough. And then you just need to do the next thing.




And realise - I can be just just me. I don't have to be someone I am not.




And for that I am thankful. Ever so thankful.
















Giving thanks this week (627~633) for:




Snapfish - wonderful Father's Day gift ideas (father's day is this coming Saturday here in NZ!)




A great homeschool trip! (More on that next time perhaps?)




Piglets sold




Community market spirit




Tarts baked




Homemade soup and bread




Afterhours trademen



Psalm 150:6 "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord."


Sponge Jam Tarts





Ingredients

1 sheet sweet short crust pastry, thawed
50g Butter
50g Caster Sugar
1 egg
½ cup Flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp vanilla essence
Jam (or lemon curd or custard!)

Method

Preheat oven to 180oC. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
Dust your bench with flour and roll out the pastry, cut into 12 circles and fit into the muffin tin.
Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and combine.
Sieve in the flour and baking powder then add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
Dollop a little jam into the bottom of each tart case, then top with a teaspoon of sponge mixture.
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful to have met you through your visit to the Overflow today. I've enjoyed roaming around your place here- love your heart and your quiet wisdom. My favorite line from today's post is... "The answer to anxiety is always found in truth. I am loved, I am forgiven, I am saved. I am a child of God. A Jesus girl. I am good enough. And then you just need to do the next thing." Oh, such truth. If only I could l remember that ALL THE TIME. Blessings to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those Jam tarts look YUMMY!!!

    I was reminded this week that going to the Lord helps our daily struggles so much
    Pleased you know this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sponge topped jam tart recipe. I must try it. Now try adding a drop of ALMOND essence to the sponge instead of the vanilla and you will have something called a Bakewell tart. Bakewell is a town in Derbyshire, the area of england where I grew up, and it is famous for its Bakewell tarts. I am not overly fond of almond so never make them BUT just topped with plain sponge cake sounds great.

    Are you still having anxiety attacks? I suspect I know from whence they originated!!!

    ReplyDelete

Kind message